Facilitating a European brand of trustworthy, ethical AI that enhances Human capabilities and empowers citizens and society to effectively deal with the challenges of an interconnected globalized world
The Humane AI Net project funded by the European Union Horizon 2020 program aims to bring together the European AI community to develop the scientific foundations and technological breakthroughs needed to shape the AI revolution in a direction that is beneficial to humans both individually and societally, and that adheres to European ethical values and social, cultural, legal, and political norms. Key specific questions that the project addresses are:
- AI systems that „understand” humans,
- AI systems that can interact in complex social settings
- AI systems that enhance human capabilities
- AI systems that empower both individuals and society as a whole carefully balancing individual benefits and social impact of their functionality
- AI systems that respect human autonomy and self-determination
- Ethics and Legal Protection “by design” in complex dynamic AI systems
In this moderated online panel we will discuss the vision and plans of the Humane AI Net project. The project coordination team (Paul, Virginia, and John) and experts in law and human centered-computing (Mireille and Albrecht) will share their view of how AI in Europe can be advanced while maximizing the value for individuals and society.
The meeting will take place online using Zoom. The link for the Zoom meeting will be posted here 30 Minutes prior to the meeting.
|17:00‑17:15||Welcome and setting the stage
People in Humane AI
|17:15‑18:15||Roundtable: Panel: HumaneAI-Net: A Vision for Human-Centered AI in Europe and Beyond
MODERATOR: Eva Wolfangel